Saturday, January 14, 2006

Two Poems - Giants... and Bounce


...to name a company of friends
with the wisdom of a
mythical beast, half human...



The other day when I had seen the newest Harry Potter movie, I was thinking and wrote down some thoughts...

Giants, Ogres, or Faeries
It is not as though we have never seen
giants, ogres, or faeries in our days.
The trouble is we haven’t known
the names for the presence of the moon,
the city, the neighborhood or the stars.

We can’t begin to name a company of
friends with the wisdom of a mythical beast,
half human animal, half majestic presence.
My children, 3 and 5, call out excitedly,
“I see the moon! I see the moon!”

When might I ever call out, “I see…”
the idea, the wisdom of that choice,
the color of your eyes,
the nature of this development,
the hope of revivification in this or any life?

A couple days later I was jumping on a trampoline...

Bounce (Trampolina)

Bounce,
Bounce
Click
Went the key
To the iron gate
Of my heart
Joy
A sandy little
Sparrow flits loose
Free in overcast skies

Bounce,
Bounce


Band name for the day: Cask



2 comments:

  1. A work related limerick...

    300 pages, two sided and stapled.
    Now I must find where the paper is mangled.
    A tight pleated fan
    is not in my plan.
    The copier sprites sure are playful.

    Suggestion for a band name: Plaid Noise

    ReplyDelete